In the State of Florida, sole or joint custody may be granted to either parent (or both parents.) Florida prefers awarding shared parental responsibility, or joint custody when it is in the best interests of the children. Determining custody is based on many factors including:
- Which parent is most likely to allow contact with the non-resident parent
- Emotional ties between parent and child
- Ability and desires of parents to provide children with needs such as food, clothing, medical care, and other material requirements
- Length of time the child has lived in a stable environment and desire to maintain that continuity
- Mental, emotional and physical fitness of both parents
- Home and school record of the children
- If the child is old enough to express a preference, his or her preference
- Any evidence that a parent has supplied false information to a court regarding domestic violence
- Evidence of spousal or child abuse
- Other relevant factors
Welcome to your online Florida divorce guide
Qualify for divorce1
Provide your case details2
Get your papers3
File for divorce4
Our smooth breakup allowed us to file for uncontested divorce and we just decided to arrange it as simply as possible. Online divorce seemed to be a good idea, and now I'm sure we did it right. All the papers were prepared with no issues and I'm pleased with the price. Thanks.
I think that all the papers related to a certain county with its own legal nuances would be prepared correctly only by a Florida-based company. So that's why I used OnlineFloridaDivorce and I was really satisfied. My divorce papers were completed in a timely manner and I had no troubles with filing. That was a really smooth process and you can be confident with your filing.
Thinking about all that paperwork thing I was preparing for the worst. Fortunately, we agreed on an online divorce! The site was easy to use and we got our completed divorce papers really quickly. We didn't have any problems with the court as well.
It always seemed to me that divorce must be a much more complicated process. I couldn't imagine how I would cope with that. Where do I get all those papers, how to fill them out and where to go and what to do? So, I was really glad I found Onlinefloridadivorce.com and they took care of all the paperwork and gave me clear instructions on how to file with the court. That made the whole process so much easier!
Santa Rosa County
Got a first class service for a low price. Everything was ready on time, and the court approved the papers without questions. Thanks for the help!
Great service, affordable price, and - what's really important - clear explanations of what is happening! Thanks to those who created this site.
The staff is knowledgeable and attentive, and the help with documents preparation was excellent. Our divorce papers were ready much faster than I expected.
I completed everything really fast and with no hassle. Their support was quite helpful too. I'm pleased with the service of OnlineFloridaDivorce.
My divorce is final now! Thanks for the preparation of all the paperwork, it was really fast and helpful for me!!